cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Skips ring at phone and right into VM Greeting

lmcd24
Level 1
Level 1

I've got one phone/Unity profile that when a caller dials the known extension during the opening greeting, the call goes into Voice Mail rather than ring the phone set. Any ideas? T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

under the call transfer tab of that particular user in unity, do you have it set to ring the the subscribers extension or send directly to subscribers greeting? I feel you may have it set to send directly to subscribers greeting, either that or the user made the change themselves.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

Are you trying to get unity to route the call or is this a Callmanager problem (ie: the phone doesn't ring, stuck in a forward state)?

I'm pretty certain it's in Unity. The call comes into our main switch, goes to the opening greeting, and only happens with the caller dials this particular extension. The message "Please hold while I try that extension" is played and the drops me into the extensions VM greeting.

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

under the call transfer tab of that particular user in unity, do you have it set to ring the the subscribers extension or send directly to subscribers greeting? I feel you may have it set to send directly to subscribers greeting, either that or the user made the change themselves.

I had it set to ring the subscriber but also had a number in the 'ring the subscriber at thi number' option. Removed the 'ring the subscriber....' number and resaved. It's working....thanks!