cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNS Video Security

nishantalurkar
Level 1
Level 1

I need some clarrification about security of SNS videos.

How secure SNS is?

Is there any chances where someone can download the SNS Videos using some additional third party software or using some plugin?

Is there any document where we can show this to client that, SNS is fully secured and no one can download videos from SNS?

Please Reply

2 Replies 2

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

I don't remember seeing any security documentation on this.  SNS is normally deployed behind the firewall which helps with security.  You can turn off the ability to down load the video content.  That being said there are screen capture software that can capture the video as it is playing on the desktop.

John

keithcroft
Level 1
Level 1

This depends on where you plan on storing the videos. If you plan to use a IIS Server to store And stream then you would lock those down according to best practices.

I Have installed DMM, SNS, DMP 4310g and the AS7100 encoders recently. The DMM, SNS and DMPs were scanned and passed by SCAP and RETINA tools as part of a 5.3.x implementation.

The SNS application supports secure video communities out of the box. You can restrict access to a video to specific users or groups. It is an optional step when publishing your video.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App