cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Soft Phone Rings Speaker But Configured for Headset

misternemo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a soft phone, IP Communicator 8.6.6.0. I have it configured, via the audio tuning wizard, to ring through the headset. That worked fine for a while, but recently it's ringing - very loudly - over the PC speakers as well. I'm not sure what changed - the only thing I think could have contributed to this is that I fired up my Jabber client for the first time in a long while. Even when Jabber is not running, though, it's still ringing through the speaker (and Jabber is confgured to also only ring via the headset as well). Am I missing a setting somewhere, or did I inadvertently enable something that is causing this?

2 Replies 2

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

Under Cisco Jabber's MENU, select File > Options. The Options window should appear. Click on the [Audio] tab and check these settings as well as the advanced settings.

You shouldn't receive calls through Cisco Jabber if the application is not running, however, if you enabled "Start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts" under the [General] tab and you selected the "Remember my password" checkbox at the login prompt. Then Cisco Jabber might be running in the background without having to login daily. Look at Task Manager. 

Ahhh you're using IP Communicator. That makes sense. Cisco Jabber and IP Communicator are separate applications. Yes, they can work together but if Cisco Jabber is not running... you can still receive calls via IP Communicator. Check the audio settings on IP Communicator and make sure your headset is connected to the right port.