Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone and Netscreen VPN

dsunter
Level 1
Level 1

Morning All,

I've searched around the forum to an answer to my question but I can't find a definitive answer.

Ok here's my question.

I have setup a VPN tunnel into our office and installed softphone version v1.3(3).

I set the GETip.asp in the Network Audio setting. Call Manager resisters the softphone to my IP Address.

I can connect to the Line I want to use. I can hear a dialling tone. I can dial a number and it rings but as soon as it connects there is no sound.

The Party I call can hear me but I get no sound back.

Now I've seen many people talk about this and many possible solutions but non-aimed at my Firewall make (Netscreen - 10).

So I was just wondering in if any of you kind folks had ever come across this problem with my setup?

Oh yeah I'm on CallManager v3.3(2)spC

Hope someone can help / point me in the right direction. I've also read the "How to Use Cisco IP SoftPhone over VPN" Document ID: 23573.

Thanks Guys.

Dave

2 Replies 2

cgabardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had the same problem in our company. The solution was related with upgrade os the ScreenOS ( vpn server ) to be possible to have bidirecional policies.

The voice is unidiretional because the VPN trafic is possible from the the client only.

Open a case at Juniper to see the detais ( I do not have the docs anymore :( )

good look

Cesar

Thanks for the advice but I've sorted it!

I know have a fully functional VPN and Softphone!

Dave :)