cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SOS: IP Phone Registration problems ( CCM 3.1+ 7910 /7940 phones)

amit.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Facing a peculiar problem with my IP Telephony setup. Setup is amulti-location WAN. CCM ( ver 3.1)is placed centrally and is connected to the other WAN locations on 64Kbps links. IP Phone registration works perfectly fine over LAN and some WAN locations. Couple of WAN locations are not able to register with the CCM. Phones used are 7910 /7940. they are not configured with DHCP or DNS. I have statically assigned IP Addresses to all phones. TFTP address is also statically set. Phones are able to connect to TFPT but not able to download the initial Firmware file although the phones are reachable from the CCM. Status on the Phones continuosly shows "Upgrading Software" . Its not a generic WAN problem because i have no problems with other WAN locations . Ping response between the CCM and the problemativ phones is good ( averages 60-70ms(). I am using 3660 routers in all locations with EIGRP running on all of them. Routers are not configured with any Voice specific QOS and presently running purely as a WAN Gateway...Please suggest any solution..

2 Replies 2

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I believe you have a routing loop somewhere , i dont know the reason but i have seen the same issue because of a mistake in HSRP configuration (both paths had the same priority then )

marina

Hi,

I doubt it !! As the phone is very much reachable from the CCM ( about 60-70 ms ). Besides there are no alternate paths between the phones and the CCM. Moreover I have even tested without any routing protocol running and applying only on static routes. Even tried isolating the rest of the WAN too to rule out network congestion. Only the faulty location was connected to the central site hosting the CCM. Any suggestions ??

Amit