Helpful
Replies

speeddial

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

HI

Anyone know of a code or vendor who can do the following:

3 separate types of speed dials: Station, Group and System.

The station level is not an issue because it can be handled with "personal address book" at the phone level. System Speed Dial is being addressed by translation patterns.

Speed dial groups will be up to 100 speed dials per department or group. We can try doing partitions with Translation patterns but that can run into the thousands as they have over 70 groups.

I was wondering if there is something out there as an alternative for this.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

This link below goes into a little more detail what I am looking for

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee716a6

Does someone have a sample script or alternative besides TP.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue....have you found any workable solutions to implementing "group speed dials"? I have around 35 groups that require distinct shared speed dials.

Thanks

I'm probably not approaching this problem how you want,

but one could implement a Cisco IP Phone Service as an HTTP Speeddial, and in the HTTP response to hitting taht speeddial, push down the 100 speeddials for that group.

2 pushes instead of one, but it would use mimimal phone real estate while still allowing one to launch the service without actually hitting services.

You would push down a CiscoIPPhoneDirectory object most likely

Thats an interesting suggestion. I could do the same thing with the Fast Dials Service also. I suppose by assigning one single user to every phone in the shared groups I could do this.

I was hoping we could do something with abbreviated dialing - so each group could have a "abbrev 30" key press to dial different numbers for example. I could create translation patterns and block of groups of numbers off however that could get cumbersome and does require more key presses the longer the pattern gets.

Hi,

Andphone Directory (www.andtek.com) will do what you want. Among other things it allows you to dial something like "*XXX#" where XXX is a number and than the Application will present the user with a XML Lookup of the associated Speeddials. The Application can use SQL; LDAP or CSV based Directories.

You can contact me or andtek. if you need further information.

regards

bernhard

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

I am implementing dial from contacts in Outlook, then they can do whatever they want. easy to do and out of my hands. :)