cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and Auto Attendant

e-toker
Level 1
Level 1

We have a router in branch office which runs SRST. I would like to route the PSTN incoming calls to 300 for Auto Attendant. But when a WAN link goes down I want these calls to be directed to an internal ipphone with DN 200. I know how to do this when the router is MGCP. But couldnot manage to do with H323.

With connection plar and translation rules it doesnot work.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post your config for review?

First you'll need to know the number being supplied by the PSTN - i.e. number of digits (this may be more than you get to your CM, as you can set a lower number of significant digits when you register the gateway). Then create a translation rule that translates this to your DN 200.

Translation rule 1

rule 1 ^numbersuppliedbypstn 200

You should have a dial-peer with your POTS port configured in it - to this you can apply the translation rule

translate called 1

This assumes you've got MGCP fallback working OK - if you can post your config we can check it..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The gateway is H323 not MGCP. We have 6 PSTN lines connected to FXO ports. I want all incoming calls to be routed to AutoAttendant.CTI RP number is 300. Everything is ok when I add connection plar 300 under fxo ports. But when WAN link goes down and all IPPhones register to SRST router, I want all incoming calls to be directed to an IPPhone with the directory number 200. How can I manage to do this?

This might help depending on the srst version

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft/123t/123t_11/srst32ad/srs_call.htm#wp1377646

Router(config-cm-fallback)# alias 1 300 to 200

or with older srst

Router(config)# call-manager-fallback

Router(config-cm-fallback)# default-destination 200

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122limit/122z/122zj15/srscr30/srs_a_m.htm#wp1422335