Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

I had two problems in SRST:

1. 7910 phone didn't see any fallback message.

2. 7960 can make outgoing call.INcoming and internal call is fine.

GW is 3660 with pRI , I only configured this two command to enable SRST:

call-manager-call back and ip source...

Do I need access-code command, but I tried still no good.

Any direction, thanks.

5 Replies 5

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

7910 Phones can't display if they are in a fallback or currently registered in the CCM since its display is not the same with 7960 or 7940.

With regards with your second problem, as long as you have outgoing pots dial-peer configured in you gateway router, your IP phone should be able to call outside. The only problem I experience with SRST is that the class of service that you have set in the CCM doesn't work. This will create a problem if you are blocking some users to make an IDD call because CCM could not filter it.

Also include in your call-fallback sub-command "max-ephone". This will determine the number of IP phones that will register with your SRST router.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sherwin

Thanks. You are right, actually 7910 has the fallback just doesn't display sometimes.

But with regards to my second question, the symtom is that outbound call hear fast busy tone after enter just 4 digits. I found out my dial peer to CCM has 4 digits configured as here: dial-peer voice 4 voip , destination target 1... ,If I changed it to 1.. , I will hear fast busy tone after enter 3 digits. If I delete the dial peer, outbound call is working when during fallback mode. Is this weird , anybody has experienced this before?

Hi,

It seems that you have problems for outgoing calls. I'm not just sure if this happens when the CCM is up or during the fallback mode.

When the CCM is up, You have to have route pattern then use the IP address of your voice gateway in the gateway field. Just try a simple test, let say you want make a local call with phone nos. that have seven digits starting with 2XXXXXX. You can add router pattern 2XXXXXX. Then on your voice gateway, configure this pots dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 2......

port 1/0:23 - just assuming that your PRI is in slot 1

Even in fallback mode, you can still make an outside call using this pots dial-peer. One thing to check when the CCM is up, is that make sure that the digits passed from the CCM to the voice gateway has corresponding pots and correct destination-pattern or else your voice gateway will not be able to make an outside call. That holds true also in fallback mode.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sherwin

I appriciate your answer. Everything is fine when CCM is running, only happens when in fallback mode. Anyway, I'll double test it.

By the way, you mentioned CCS may not work very well when SRST is configured, I have the same issue, but I am not sure it's SRST problem or configuration problem. Have you confirmed from CISCO regarding CCS problem when there is SRST configured? Thanks

Hi'

I haven't raised much about this issue with Cisco, although one thing that I noticed is all the partition, calling search space, and the route pattern I have set in CCM doesn't work in fallback mode. I already made an experiment with that, like I have route pattern that includes additional digits (sort of password) so that the user can access the NDD/IDD services. When in fallback mode, this route pattern will not take in effect. Normally, any user can just make IDD/NDD call without that sort of additional pins that act as password. Probably, to solve that issue is to configure lots of outgoing pots dial-peer that is somehow similar to the route pattern created in CCM. In that way, during call fallback mode, any digits dialed that doesn't match to any destination-pattern define in all those pots dial-peer, then the call is rejected.

Currently, one of the issues that I raised with Cisco is caller ID with SRST when I'm using E1 R2. I noticed that during fallback, the caller ID sent is only the extension number of the phone. Unlike FxO or FxS voice port that there is a command "caller-id enable", there no such command in voice port of an E1 port. Even if I put in there "station-id command" in my E1 voice port, it doesn't send the caller id that I want. I opened a case with this issue and the TAC engineer told me that caller-id enable is not supported in E1 voice port.

Well, that's all so far the issues that I encountered with SRST. I will also appreciate if you can share with me your issues encountered SRST and other related issues pertaining to IP telephony. My email is s.cortes@fujitsu.com.ph. Thanks.

Regards,

Sherwin