cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 CAS E&M NEC sending Calling Party Number?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I have a T1 CAS to a NEC PBX from a 2811/1MFT/H323 gateway.

When handsets on the NEC dial a CallManager 7960 extension the 7960 displays Unknown Caller and no number.

I didn’t think T1 CAS did Calling Party Name, but I should get Calling Party Number right? Do I have something mis-configred? Or is the NEC not sending the number?

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

!

voice-port 0/0/0:0

station-id name NEC-Phone

!

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

destination-pattern 26..

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

session target ipv4:10.168.46.10

no vad

!

1 Reply 1

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

The only way to get caller ID with CAS is to use Feature Group D, so your PBX would have to also support that, and it is not avail on all router platforms either:

Note: FGD is the only variant of T1 CAS that supports ANI and Cisco supports it along with the FGD-EANA variant. In addition to FGD functionality, FGD-EANA provides certain call services, such as emergency (USA-911) calls. With FGD, the gateway supports the collection of ANI inbound only. With the use of FGD-EANA, a Cisco 5300 is able to send ANI information outbound as well as collecting it inbound. This latter capability requires the user of the fgd-eana signaling type in the ds0-group command, with ani-dnis option and calling-number outbound command in the POTS dial-peer. The calling-number outbound command is supported only on the Cisco 5300 as of Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1(3)T.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800e2560.shtml

Mary Beth