Views
Helpful
Replies

TDM Switching - ISR Routers

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Anyone out there configured TDM switching as in this document?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00804794c6.shtml

Looking for any experience/tips/things that went wrong/whether it worked at all... always wary of new features :-)

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 Replies 2

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I have not configured this but I would also be interested in any pit falls. Its a shame its just across the backplane on not across the IP network. I have found another product (non Cisco) which will work across the IP network.

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke.. and anyone else who's interested...

Finally got the modules/cables delivered to site this week and set it up yesterday...

It worked fine, doing a show voice dsp active | b FLEX showed that the DSPs did indeed drop out once the call was made.

The only problems I had were with presenting Network side BRI to the VC unit - the documentation for the EVM didn't mention it but you need to have a BRI Crossover cable to get layer 1 up. Other older cards documentation did mention this which was what clued me in...

Once I'd done this the interfaces still didn't come up until I'd shut/no shut'd the interfaces...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!