cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer directly to Unity Voicemail

jtdyer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I keep getting this question from receptionists....

"When I'm doing transfers & the person that I'm transferring to doesn't want to speak to the caller -- just send them to voicemail -- how do I transfer them directly to the user's unity voicemail? If I transfer to the extension, sometimes the user forgets and picks up the phone, and has to lie that they just walked in..."

Basically is there some code you can add when doing transfer to tell call manager to send to voicemail directly? For instance, if the person's extenson is 1231, then dialing 1231# would transfer to their voicemail directly...

thanks in advance,

john

5 Replies 5

mysterx
Level 1
Level 1

By default, X#2 (extension pound two) from the auto-attendant will override transfer & put you right in to a subscriber's greeting.

Also, you can see a number of threads on this topic by doing a search for "Direct Transfer" on avforums.isomedia.com

ok, lets assume that we have a live person answering, and no autoattendant in the picture (which is really what my question is about). I don't think that the x#2 will work if a person (receptionist) picks up the phone & answers...

Here's the scenario: Receptionist answers call from outsider. Finds out who they want to talk to & hits transfer button 1x + x of user. Finds out from user that "no I don't want to talk to outsider, send them to my voicemail" and user hangs up. Now receptionist is back with outsider... What next?

tmiller
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the procedure to transfer callers directly to voice mail:

- When a call comes in to a DN (i.e. 7302) answer the call

- Select "Transfer"

- Select "Messages"

- Press the "#" key

- Enter the extension # (i.e.7500)

- Press the "#" key

- Press the "2" key

- Select Transfer

- Hang up

The call will then be transferred to the 7500 voice mail account directly and will not ring the phone first.

thanks, that's what I was looking for!

john

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

**Only works on 2.46 and later

How to transfer a caller directly into a person’s voicemail box without ringing the phone.

1) While the caller is on the phone press “Transfer”

2) Press “Messages”

3) When Unity asks for your password press “#” (you will now hear the opening greeting)

4) Dial the target Mailbox Extension Number immediately followed by “#2”

5) You will hear the target Mailbox’s greeting, IMMEDIATELY press “Transfer” and hang-up