cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer Key Not alwasy available

jerrycourt
Level 1
Level 1

We have several phones that when after answering a call- they hit the transfer soft key, and the extension, the transfer soft key does not come back up - only "end call." It has not been consistent. Any thoughts

Callmanager 4.1(3)sr2 Standard softkey, template, 7940 Ip Phone

4 Replies 4

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Jerry ,

I think this may be resulted from the unavailabilty of a Free Channel to enable you to put the caller On Hold and initiate a new call.

Regards

M.Tag

As in Free Channel so you mean b-channel on a PRI or DSP resource? we have a PRI 23 b-channels an doubt they are using them

Thanks

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

What is the difference between the call that has the transfer sofkey available and the one that does not. I think that it has to do with the calls that can handle that phone. In other words if the phone is configured for 2 calls you can only tranfer your current call. In other words, if you have a call, then another one comes in, put the first one in hold, answer the second one, if you try to transfer the second one is not going to be possible.

Let me know if this is your case.

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Jerry ,

Why dont u try the following , Lets Say that your IP Phone Extension is 200 , Configure on the Phone another Extension 220. Disable the Call Waiting on both Extensions. Now on Line 200 Configure it to forward on Busy on Line 220.

I think using this method will always keep the < Transfer > Button Available to be used on both Lines.

Try it and Update us accordingly.

Regards

M.Tag