cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer to phone... then to voicemail.

fromaj
Level 1
Level 1

This will be a bit of a newbie question, but I need to know how to do it. I have a callmanger 3.12c system with Unity 3.1.1. I have an auto-attendant set up to give people an option to hit 1 to go to a particular dept., 2 go to another etc... if the caller hits 5, they go to the directory handler. when they look up a user, I would like all calls to be transferred to the appropriate user's phone. if they are not there, it should THEN roll over in to their voicemail box. At this time, any time a caller dials an extension from within the auto-attendant or if they find a user within the directory, they are immediatly transferred to the user's voicemail box. How do I change the default action? I am sure that there is something simple, but I don't know where to look.

alan

6 Replies 6

jschless
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the subscriber settings to make sure the Call Transfer settings are set to "Yes, Ring Subscriber's Extension" for the option: Transfer incoming calls to subscriber phone. It might be set to "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting), which would directly send a call to voicemail rather than ringing the phone.

Let me know.

Jeff Schlesser

The setting is indeed set to "No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)", but is there a way to change them all so I don't have to go through the 150 or so mailboxes and change them individually?

alan

Yes, you can use Bulk Edit Utility. If you have Unity 3.1.4 Bulk Edit will be installed under \CommServer\Utilities. Select the subscribers you want to change (all in your case), then navigate to the Transfer Tab. The first option - Enable Transfer - will let you change the behavior. Set this to True and then finish the process. There is a very handy Help file installed in case you have more questions on this utility.

Jeff S

Forgot to mention you can also download Bulk Edit tool from CCO or answermonkey:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-util

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_BulkEditUtility_30.htm

Jeff S

I have version 3.1.1. Is the same utility there?

alan

You should pick up the latest version off AnswerMonkey.net. A number of bugs have been fixed since 3.1(1) shipped.