Views
Helpful
Replies

Transform Masks

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Hello --

I have a customer with 2 different distinct groups, two of the groups need their calling party number masked to two seperate numbers. The last group needs their DIDs to be shown to the world.

What is the cleanest way to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Ohamien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ohamien,

There are two ways of doing this. I will give you examples using my NPA-NXX, 610-407

First is using External Phone Masks on the phone lines. For the 1 group that is DID, add a mask of 610407XXXX. For the other two groups add a mask of 6104071000 and 6104072000, as two examples.

Second is to use calling number translation in Route Patterns or Route Lists. This will require a different route pattern for each group with the groups having a corresponding CSS that can route to that pattern. Of course this can be an admin nightmare. On the route pattern or deeper in the route list you can translate the Calling Number. Since the patterns are specific to the groups then the pattern will match correctly.

Of course option 1 is your best option.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ohamien,

There are two ways of doing this. I will give you examples using my NPA-NXX, 610-407

First is using External Phone Masks on the phone lines. For the 1 group that is DID, add a mask of 610407XXXX. For the other two groups add a mask of 6104071000 and 6104072000, as two examples.

Second is to use calling number translation in Route Patterns or Route Lists. This will require a different route pattern for each group with the groups having a corresponding CSS that can route to that pattern. Of course this can be an admin nightmare. On the route pattern or deeper in the route list you can translate the Calling Number. Since the patterns are specific to the groups then the pattern will match correctly.

Of course option 1 is your best option.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Honestly, I was afraid that you'd say that. Those were also my two options. We will just go with option one and in addition we will change the line text labels to display their extension so the users don't become confused about what their extenstion should be... unless you know of a way to change the phone number display on top.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ohamien

Ohamien,

Yep you will have to do the line text label since the very top in black is the External Phone Mask. At least to my knowledge there is no way to manipulate this. Also remember to select the option on your Route Patterns to use External Phone Mask.

HTH

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: