cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TSP Dialing internal extensions.

vgaraboa
Level 1
Level 1

This days I'm installing TSP plugging in 20 pc (Win XP, Outlook 2003).

The TSP config works fine, the users can make calls using the automatic dialing on Outlook 2003.

but, but ..., the problem is with the dialing rules, how to define de dialing rules to evite the auto dial of "0" (to make external call) on internal extensions using the outlook 2003.

Exist any document to explain the use of dialing rules on outlook when the dialing is over a pbx ...

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

To resolve this issue, perform these steps:

1) Using the Cisco CallManager Administrator interface, create a user for each Microsoft Outlook user who wishes to use the contacts. In the global directory, ensure the user has the Enable CTI Application Use checkbox checked and that the IP phone is associated with that user.

2) Download the Cisco TSP installer from the Cisco CallManager Install Plugins page to the PC on which Microsoft Outlook is installed.

3) Double-click the downloaded executable. The installer proceeds to install Cisco TSP. Click Next.

4) Choose the setup language.

5) Click No when asked about multiple instances of Cisco TSP, unless you want to talk to multiple Cisco CallManager clusters.

6) Once the installation is finished, configure Cisco TSP. To do so, go to Control Panel > Phone And Modem Options. When the Phone and Modem Options window opens, click the Advanced tab, select CiscoTSP001.tsp and click Configure.

7) The Cisco IP PBX Service Provider window opens. Select the User tab and provide your Cisco CallManager username and password.

8) Select the CTI Manager tab, and provide information about the primary and secondary Cisco CallManager servers (either an IP address or host name). Click OK to close the window.

9) Open Microsoft Outlook and open the Contacts folder. Right click one of the contacts that you want to call, then click Call Contact.

10) The New Call window opens. Click Dialing Options to make sure you are using the correct line to call.

11) In the newly-opened Dialing Options window in the Connect Using Line area, select the line you want to use to call. Click OK.

12) Back in the New Call window, click Start Call. Call status indicates Dialing. At this point, the speaker on your IP phone activates, and you can hear the call progress.

13) When the call is connected, the Call Status is Connected. Closing this window ends the call. You can also end the call from the IP phone or by clicking End Call.

mmihalyfi
Level 1
Level 1

according to my experience Outlook doesn't dial what you expect to dial, so it is useful to have a look at trace file of Cisco TSP. You'll find the location of the trace file at the TSP settings.

you can then easily workaround this behaviour by setting up Area Code Rules and enter what you _really want_ to dial.

my question:

how can we persuade Outlook to use cisco TAPI instead of Messenger when I right click on an internal e-mail sender's name?

Ok, i try to work whith the info on trace file.

'how can we persuade Outlook to use cisco TAPI instead of Messenger when I right click on an internal e-mail sender's name? '

I don't know how to make this, i made the same cuestion to to the tecnicians on Exchange/Outlook but.. without answer.

Thanks mmihalyfi