cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.4.6 Message Notification

peangvall
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get message notification working on Unity 2.4.6 (yes, I know it is almost out of service and I should upgrade). I setup notification to go to a text pager (via an email address), I enabled it and I entered all of the relevant info and told it to use this at all hours of all days. However, when I leave a test message, all that happens is that the email gets sent to the Administrator account of the Exchange box. Any idea why this is? It seems to completely ignore the email address I enter

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmmm... right off hand the only thing I can think of is the SMTP routing on the Exchange server is coughing up a hairball and the message gets routed to the administrator - but that doesn't seem overly likely...

So presumably the notification triggers are all working properly (i.e. if you use a phone device as the target everything works fine). If you stick the SMTP address of a local user on the Exchange server (i.e. other than administrator) does the message get routed properly? Or is it only broken for external SMTP addresses?

Usually problems along these lines are external to us - Unity doesn't do much here other than hand the message off to Exchange and ask it nicely to send it along to the SMTP address provided - after that we're out of the picture. You could turn on message tracing in Exchange and follow it through to see where it's going (or not going as the case may be).