cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.x networking

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I've read the Networking document from the forum and I still have some questions in regards to the installation I will be performing. <br><br>The client would like to have the all voicemail boxes hid from the address book. It is a multi-site, multi-server setup with site connectors between all sites. My understanding is that I should be able to setup site ID's on each server and change the addressing options.<br><br>If I want to use the Global address book, will this be possible since the addresses are hidden from the address book? Or, is SMTP networking my only other option?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Hiding users in the Outlook address book affects only addressing via Outlook. Unity does not care if a user is hidden or visible in the address book when you are addressing to someone via ID or by spelled name from over the phone. As such you should be able to hide everyone you want to and still use global addressing by ID no problem.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I'm having an issue then, I have the sites identically setup. I can dial the location ID and it is recognized however when prompted to enter an extension, no extension is found. This should not be the case unless I do not have something configured correctly.

Not applicable

you are correct, that should work. What's your back end? Exchange 2000/AD or Exchange 55? If it's 5.5 you may have your monitors pointed at the site level instead of the organization level. If that's the case and your other Unity servers are in other Exchange 5.5 sites the subscribers for each wont be pulled into the global subscribers table and, hence, wont be found. If you're running Ex2K I'm not sure what the problem would be...

Assuming you're running Ex55 and you have Untiy servers in different sites, follow these instructions for changing the search scope for each Unity server to the organization level instead of the default site level. These instructions SHOULD be in the release notes but I don't see them in 3.1(3)... I'll poke around and see why not.

=======================
To adjust the search scopes with the Windows 2000 Registry:

1) Using the Windows 2000 service control applet, stop the AvDSEx55 service

2) Set the Registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\LastUSN to 0.

3) Set the distinguished name of the distribution list search root in the following Registry value:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\DistributionLists\SearchRoot
For example, if the existing value is cn=Recipients,ou=TESTSITE,o=TESTORG and you wish to change the search root to the Exchange 5.5 organization, change the value to o=TESTORG

4) Set the distinguished name of the location search root in the following Registry value:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations\SearchRoot
For example, if the existing value is cn=Locations,cn=Cisco Unity,ou=TESTSITE,o=TESTORG and you wish to change the search root to the Exchange 5.5 organization, change the value to o=TESTORG

5) Set the distinguished name of the subscriber search root in the following Registry value:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\MailUsers\SearchRoot
For example, if the existing value is cn=Recipients,ou=TESTSITE,o=TESTORG and you wish to change the search root to the Exchange 5.5 organization, change the value to o=TESTORG

6) Restart the AvDSEx55 service

==============

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff,

I have made the changes to all servers, when I search under locations I have multiple entries for each location. Is this a result of the registry fix? Also I still do not have the networking working. Any other ideas? Is this an exchange issue? NOTE: I've since upgraded to Unity 3.1.3.