cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.3 - 10 sec gap

dschlenzig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have just installed a new VM only Unity server with off box message store. Everything seems to work great except for 1 thing. When a user picks up messages it connects really quickly to their mailbox but after stating there is a new message it takes about 10 seconds to actually start reading it out. The server is a 7825 with only 25 subscribers and 16 ports so it's not heavily utilised. There are no delays with message delivery or MWI's.

Any ideas?

Regards, Daniel

2 Replies 2

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

I am not sure if the later versions of Unity do the same thing but if memory serves one issue has to do with the size of the mailboxes and that Unity has/had to query the entire inbox to check for messages. I had some users with very large (1GB+) mailboxes and they had this issues from time to time while running 3.1(5). Since being on 4.0(x) I haven't really heard anyone complaining though and the boxes are still large. When was the last time you rebooted the Unity server?

Anyway, that is something to look at while you wait on the Unity gurus to chime in.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

The mailboxes aren't particularly big, they only have 25 subscribers and none of the inboxes are over 1GB, on average they're about 200mb, the Exchange 2000 server is on the same LAN as well.

Also I rebooted the server last night just in case it was something silly, unfortunately I still have the problem.

Regards, Daniel