Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY 4 - Supported on Exchange 2003 ?

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there folks,

I got a customer that is planning to upgrade is Exchange 5.5 to 2003 when 2003 will be officialy release by MS .

Does anyone can told us when Cisco is planning to "Support" 2003 on UNITY 4 when it will be release (MS plan to Mid-2003) ???

Thanks !

Martin Gagnon

TELUS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco is always planning to support the latest version of Exchange. Not doing so would be product suicide for any vendor of Unified Messaging.

Support will not come the day the Exchange 2003 is released however. We must test to ensure that the products are compatible first and make changes to Unity if necessary.

I have been playing with the Exchange 2003 beta 2 release and Unity 4.0. So far they play well together. It’s unlikely that we will have the same situation with Exchange 2003 and Unity 4.0 that we did with Unity 2.4 and Exchange 2000.

Thanks,

Keith

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Cisco is always planning to support the latest version of Exchange. Not doing so would be product suicide for any vendor of Unified Messaging.

Support will not come the day the Exchange 2003 is released however. We must test to ensure that the products are compatible first and make changes to Unity if necessary.

I have been playing with the Exchange 2003 beta 2 release and Unity 4.0. So far they play well together. It’s unlikely that we will have the same situation with Exchange 2003 and Unity 4.0 that we did with Unity 2.4 and Exchange 2000.

Thanks,

Keith