graeme-watson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A customer has raised the following questions about Unity and its behaviour:

Standard Unity behaviour:

Phone A has a Fwd Busy/NoAns to Phone B

Phone B has a Fwd Busy/NoAns to Unity

A call to Phone A is not answered, diverts to Phone B and isn't answered again, then the call will go to Phone A's VM.

They want the above but also (in some circumstances) this:

Phone B has a Fwd Busy/NoAns to Unity

A call to Phone A is not answered, diverts to Phone B and isn't answered again, then the call will need to go to Phone B's VM.

Is this possible?

Also if:

Phone B has a Fwd Busy/NoAns to Phone C

If a call to Phone A is not answered then the call will go to Phone B then if its not answered they want the call to go to Phone A (or B's) VM.

But calls direct to Phone B must Fwd Busy/NoAns to Phone C!

Can this be done?

And there's more..........

A manager has a VM box and the secretary has one too, so they have separate messages. But the manager never checks their VM's, i.e. the secretary does that. They don't want MWI on the managers phone for their VM's, which is fine, but they want the secretary to be able to check the managers VM's from the secretary's VM box. In MitelMail they do this by setting up the manager VM to move all of the messages to the secretary's mailbox.

I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks

Graeme

1 Reply 1

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No way to do the forwarding scenarios you mention above. I looked in CallManager4.0 and it doesn't look like there's anything like that either.

For the bonus question, if they are to maintain individual voice mailboxes, they will need separate DNs and would have to check the mailboxes using separate numbers. Usually the admin will have a shared line for the manager which she can use to check their messages.