Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity VoiceMail System....Let's get wild

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello all,

I am in the process of integrating a legacy VM system and Unity. I am running Unity 3.1(5) but have the upgrade to 4.0 on hand. I would like to be able to have users sign in to check their VM messages and if they enter a certain extension, say 100, Unity then sets up an outbound call to the router where the PRI is coming in on, but does not make an outbound call. Instead I want Unity to dial *,,441,,100(the extension dialed, this number would be different for other extensions),*. This combination would get the caller to the password prompt on the older, not very flexible voice mail system. AMIS and anything like it will not work on this voice mail system so I gotta do this the hard way. Thanks in advance to all!!

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to dial out to a number as you describe from the subscriber conversation - you _might_ be able to pull this off by creating call handlers to do the transfers you want here and leveraging the progammable exit destination for subscribers - when they back out of their subscriber conversation it'd then transfer them to the legacy voice mail system or the like. I think this is about as close as you can get to what you want to do here...