cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity with multiple customers

chris_b
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure a unity box with more that one customer and keep the customers seperate?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In Unity 3.x there is only one directory handler. Unity 4.x will allow you to configure multiple directory handlers easily, so multi-tenant solutions for customers are right around the corner.

This single directory handler, however, is the only stumbling block for multi-tenant solutions today. You can configure multiple call handlers that catch calls from multiple CTI Route Points in your Call Manager(s) for each of your businesses. Each call handler can then have its own "auto attendant" and menus. It's simple and fun to configure!

adam

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The directory can't be partitioned. I think that is what you were asking. Correct me if I miss understood please.

Keith

Yes, we have a configuration here where a number of small customers (<100 lines) are spread across a cluster of call managers ( the customers are split in different regions/calling space etc etc and can only communicate via C7 interfaces) We were hoping to enhance our service with a single Unity box without any outlook facilities but are finding it impossible to remove references to the outlook service. As you pointed out , we found that the directory could not be partitioned using normal web menu's. We wondered if there were any other ways of achieving this?

chris

In Unity 3.x there is only one directory handler. Unity 4.x will allow you to configure multiple directory handlers easily, so multi-tenant solutions for customers are right around the corner.

This single directory handler, however, is the only stumbling block for multi-tenant solutions today. You can configure multiple call handlers that catch calls from multiple CTI Route Points in your Call Manager(s) for each of your businesses. Each call handler can then have its own "auto attendant" and menus. It's simple and fun to configure!

adam

Many thanks. I will pass this information back to our design team.

Chris