cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from CCM 3.3(3) to 4.0(1) failed

tigi10000
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CallManager cluster with one publisher and one subscriber, both running CCM 3.3(3). An attempt to upgrade the publisher to CCM 4.0(1) failed with the following error message:

"The Cisco Callmanager installation detected an unrecoverable error during database migration. You must revert to the original version of Cisco CallManager. For more information, refer to the Installing the Operating System on the Cisco IP Tele..."

The last line in the CCMDBSetup log file consists of this " _DBConvert3to3 failed, result code = 6".

We attempted the upgrade a second time and received the same error message.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

This seems to match a bug CSCee32515, If you have access to bug tool kitcheck for more details . I have heard that work around can be like , Change all of the logout profile for 7940 EM enabled device to be "use current device setting", in 3.3(3), re-run 4.0 upgrade.

Thanks for the info. But, Extension Mobility is not enabled on any of the devices and I can not use this work around.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the exact same issue. No EM in use here also.

Just opened a TAC case but waiting on a call or email.

Thanks.

Glen.