Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade my old Tandberg MXP 6000, 3000 and 880

mendezh01
Level 1
Level 1

I have to 3 Question

1. I am trying to download upgrade to F9.1 or higher for Tandberg MXP 6000, 3000 and 880

2. Is there any instruction on how to install them

3. and do I need a license Key for it.

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can download it from either of the two locations:

Also, if you're upgrading from F8 or below, you can contact TAC and point them to this security advisory, with it, you can get the MXP F9.3.1 software for free without the need of a service contract.

You will need a release key if you're going from one major version to another, ex: F8 or below to F9.  Minor versions don't require a release key, ex: F9.1 to F9.3.1.

Instructions on how to upgrade an MXP codec can be found in the Admin Guide, on pg 141.

Patrick's response above is spot on, although the Tandberg FTP link goes to the F9.1 release.

The latest software for the MXPs is F9.3.3 which is only available from the Cisco Web Site.  F9.3.1 is the latest available on the Tandberg FTP.

The difference betwen the two is that F9.3.3 includes fixes for the recent OpenSSL and Dropbear server security advisories.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.