cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to 3.3 from 3.1---Missing "Recover" Folder

triad
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning to upgrade Call Manager from version 3.1(2c) to 3.3(2). That is, I want to backup the old database and format the harddrive and install 3.3 on a "fresh" system. I have read that I need to upgrade the Sti backup program on on 3.1(2c) before I backup the database and use it for 3.3. Also it is suggested that I copy the "Recover" folder containing the files dbname.ini and backup.ini. I checked both the Publisher and Subscriber and could not find the "Recover" folder or the files in question. I was wondering if any one knows what is wrong with my setup?

Thanks for all your help.

4 Replies 4

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

You need to upgrade your Backup Utility (as indicated in the upgrade directions), and after you run the backup, a folder will be created on the D: drive.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

The recovery folder is on the E: drive in 3.1 and 3.2. It's only a couple of small files that you need to back up but it is essential.

BTW after upgrade the E: drive becomes the D: drive. Thanks Cisco for keeping it consistent!!!!

Paul

Hi Guys,

Do you believe this is the best game plan for me?

1.Upgrade from your current ver. 3.1.2c to 3.1.4a or b.

2.Then upgrade directly to 3.3.2.

3.Backup the server when you get on 3.3.2.

4.Then you can rebuild the server with 3.3.2 and restore your 3.3.2 backup.

Thanks

You cant upgrade to 3.3(2) without rebuilding, so your steps should look like this:

1. Upgrade from your current ver. 3.1.2c to 3.1.4a or b.

2. Upgrade MCS Backup Utility, perform backup

3. rebuild the server with 3.3.2 and restore your backup