cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading to CM3.2

peterbeckman
Level 1
Level 1

I have been reading the upgrade requirements to upgrade to CM3.2 It mentions that the software can be upgraded from 3.0(12) etc. We are currently running 3.0(11) do we have to upgrade to 3.1 before going to 3.2. Secondly I see warnings that the MCS 7835 must have the right amount of memory but I have not been able to find what the requirements are. Does anyone know.

2 Replies 2

rsantry
Level 4
Level 4

No you do not have to upgrade as long as you are on the latest 3.0 release. The memory requirments are the same as prior so you should be fine as long as no memory was taken out of the 7832.

cchsu
Level 1
Level 1

I just did an upgrade from 3.0(8) to 3.0(12) then to 3.1(2). It took me three times but they were my fault. I should have read the release notes 3.1(2) more carefully. otherwise it was quite smooth. make sure that:

1. do the BIOS upgrade as instructed

2. do the Windows 2000 upgrades

3. SQL server patches

4. upgrade from your 3.0(11) to 3.0(12). make sure that you do not manually shut down any CM related services otherwise your bin directory will be wiped out and you will have to reinstall from scratch

5. upgrade from 3.0(12) to 3.2(1) again do not mannually shut down any CM related services.

6. upgrade any other apps that use TSP such as softphone AA.

Again, read the release notes carefully.

Hope this helps

Chris