cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User can't access Unity using messages button.

rich.wright
Level 1
Level 1

I have a subscriber who can't access Unity with the messages button on her ip phone. If she dials the pilot number manually and then presses *, she can enter her id and password and it works. With the messages button, it says she put in the wrong password. I checked the programming in Unity and Callmanager yesterday. I couldn't find anything wrong so I just highlighted the field for your mailbox number in callmanager and reentered it and restarted the phone. It worked for the rest of the day and now quit again. This is Unity 246161 and callmanager 312c. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So she's entering the password manually and it's not liking it? Which would imply that it's trying to log into the wrong mailbox... can you see what ID is being reported as the calling number in the Call Viewer? You can find this in the Unity program group and watch what it shows when she dials in while the system is in this state... sounds like a CM configuration issue of some sort but it might help narrow it down to know which ID was being sent anyway.

I agree it seems like the messages button is taking her to the wrong mailbox. I thought the field under your dn in callmanager that says voice mailbox was the field that controlled this and it's info is correct. I'll use the call viewer and let you know.

Thanks, Rich.

rich.wright
Level 1
Level 1

I've discovered that this is a callmanager issue. This phone is going off-hook to the wrong line when the speaker button is pushed. Works fine if you lift the handset. Pretty strange.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Rich.