Views
Helpful
Replies

Users call 911 accidently!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

CCM with 4.02a(sr1a) and T1 PRI MGCP.

User have to dial 9 to call outside world, but they always accidently call 911. We want to track down who make those calls.

Is there anyway to do it??? I tried to look a files at C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\CCM, but couldnt find anything??

Also, we have 3 CCMs, if IP Phones register to 3rd subscriber and publisher is back up, some IP Phones register to 2nd Subscriber and publisher is backup.

Let say, we have IP Phone register to 3rd Subscriber and Publisher as back up. Should I look at Trace file at 3rd CCM or Publisher???

Anyway, I look CCM files in all my three CCMs, nothing found. I couldnt find 911 calls at CAR too.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Mark Pareja
Level 1
Level 1

Yes if you purchased the Emergency Responder plug-in (E 911). This feature allows you to have a single or group of phones, or an e-mail alert if someone dials 911. The other method you can use is (and is highly not supported by Cisco) running a query against the ART/CDR SQL Database to find the associated phone, userID, MAC that dialed 911 and the great part is that the entries are all time stamped.

Also a good IPT admin knows to send those quarterly e-mails reminding users that accidentally dial 911 to stay on the line and inform the operator that it was accident, so that the police do not show up at the front door.

Hope this helped, if you need some help with the SQL Query let me know - mpareja@discounttireco.com

lsimanek
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the SQL method for 3 years. I have setup a time conversion in excel so I can convert the time. I found the links below on older post, plus the post I found it at.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801d71c5.shtml

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eeae960/4

Hope these helps.

Larry

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

The very first day we put in our CCM system I have police at the door because some one hit 911. The problem is you goto hit 9 for an outside line, then 1 for long distance and end up double hitting the 1. The user hears the phone ring and knows something is wrong so they hang up not even realizing they have dialed 911!

It was then that I removed the 911 route-pattern and now tell people to dial 9.911

What would be nice, would be if we could some how take the SQL information and shoot it to a popup application that resides on a front desk…

Hey guys,

Thanks for replies.

I have last questions, all call detail will be at Publisher, Right?? Do I need to get in subscirber to look up SQL??? Is that a real time?? It is because Police showed up today again, coz one of our users dial 911, but I couldnt find it at SQL Query.

Respond to Jeff, remove 911 is not good. I think Law require company to able dial 911. It is because, if something happen, users or outsiders will be so panic if horrible things happen, they will forget dial 9 then 911.

So Law require, users or outsiders should able dial 911 or 9911 at your company.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Your partially right most States govern that 911 must be a dial pattern that dials out to emergency services, i have set up 911 and 9.911 to both go out the local co trunks.

Make sure your looking in the ART database and the table "dbo_Tbl_Billing_Data"

Normally ART/CDR system is installed on the publisher. So yes that would be the only place you would need to query in order to find the call.

Hmm I have searched and cannot find anything like this for our state... Can any one point me to an actual law whit this stated in it.. Any state will work and most states have web paged where you can look up state law. I want to read the text of the law…

I find lots and lots of laws and info about E-911, of which Colorado (my state) does have laws regarding but I do not fall within their scope…

The only information I can find about PBXs and 911 is from NENA

http://www.nena.org/9-1-1TechStandards/TechInfoDocs/Trunking%20for%20Private%20Switch%209-1-1%20Service%204-11-2003.pdf

This document outlines that 911 must be dialed within a PBX phone system the same as a public exchange, The document is dates 2003 so I am assuming that it is current legislate, it out lines the requirements for E911 by the Federal Communications Commission. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks as if you're out of compliance.

Link ---->>>

http://www.contact-one.com/PUC/documents/PUC_911_MLTS_DRAFT_COMMENTS.doc

Thanks I did find the law We are allowed to leave it as 9,911 but we are required to notify our users.

Here is the law for Colorado...

(1) When the method of dialing a local call from an MLTS telephone requires the dialing of an additional digit to access the public switched network, MLTS operators shall provide written information to their end-users describing the proper method of dialing 9-1-1 from an MLTS telephone in an emergency. MLTS operators that do not give the ANI, the ALI, or both shall disclose such fact in writing to their end-users and instruct them to provide their telephone number and exact location when calling 9-1-1.

Cisco has a product called Emergency Responder in version 1.2 you have the ability to send alerts to security personnel or anyone once 911 is called, this product also is a requirement for E911 service which alerts emergency services to exact locations of 911 calls inside your organization. Some publicly traded or government related organizations may be required to feed this information out their local co trunks for emergency services systems to feed out to their dispatch centers.

This link will provide you with more information on how Emergency Responder can alert staff in the event that 911 is dialed. Contact your Cisco Rep or SE for further information

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps842/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801af4ab.html#wp1021147

Contact your Cisco Rep or SE for further information.

ahbanks
Level 1
Level 1

Changing your PSTN access digit to 7 or 8 will work wonders for this issue.

I feel that 911, 9911, and 911 should all go to 911. You never know what people will dial in an emergency, and you don't know that someone who knows that only 9911 works will be the one dialing.

Tell the users to stay on the line, and report an accidental dialing.

What is the best way to change the PSTN access digit? What are the ramifications of changing all the "PreDot 9's" in my routing patterns to "PreDot 8's"?