cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using unity to transfer calls to external numbers

joshw
Level 1
Level 1

I have sales people who need the ability to dial into Unity and setup transferring options to transfer callers to their cell-phones when people dial their call-manager extensions. I would like to give them the ability to do this through Unity because of the IVR functionality of being able to setup transferring with their cell phones. The only way I can get Unity to transfer to their cell-phones is through the main greeting by having the caller dial their extension their. Can this be done @ the subscriber level?

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

I did some testing on our Unity 3.1(5) system and here's what I found:

I changed the Call Transfer setting for "Yes, ring me at this number" and coded my work cell phone number, preceded by 9 to get out to the PSTN.

- If I dialed my work extension from internal (using another IP phone), I went to my voicemail greeting after my desk phone rang 4 times (our CCM setting)

- If I dialed my work extension from external (using my personal cell phone), I went to my voicemail greeting after my desk phone rang 4 times (our CCM setting)

- If I dialed the Unity backdoor number and got the main greeting, I could go through the directory and select my desk phone. This is similar to the successful attempt you had. Then Unity would successfully transfer the call to my work cell phone as indicated in the Call Transfer setting.

Setting the "Yes, ring me at this number" can be done from either the TUI or through ActiveAssistant, but I don't think it will give you the results you want. If your sales personnel have access to laptops, they can forward their phones using CCMUser (CallManager website) though Unity would not be involved.

Ginger