cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Regex Expression

stephen.muma
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out how to call from my VTC's which are registered with a VCS to my VoIPs that are registered on the CUCM by using the phonebook that was imported into TMS.  The problem is, our users numbers have the format as xxx-xxxx for the directory numbers.  The VTC's can only dial through the SIP using the format of xxxxxxx and not xxx-xxxx.  My question is, is there a search rule that I can create using a REGEX expression in the VCS so my VTC's can dial directly from the phonebook (Which was imported from the Call Manager) it gets from TMS by removing the hyphen or translating the pattern into something it can reach?

I am not very familiar with REGEX and any help would be greatly appreciated.  I know that we would do a replace string in the search rule and that string would be \1@X.X.X.X (with the x.x.x.x being the IP address of the call manager) but I do not know what the Regex pattern string would be.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephen.muma
Level 1
Level 1

Disregard. I figured it out.

Regex Pattern String is:

(\d{3})[- ]?(\d{4})

and then you do a replace with

\1\2@x.x.x.x

with the x.x.x.x being the IPv4 IP of the call manager.  This is assuming there is already a working SIP trunk created between the VCS and CUCM. I can now directly dial from the TMS Phonebook that was imported from the CUCM to any VoIP, which is convenient

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

stephen.muma
Level 1
Level 1

Disregard. I figured it out.

Regex Pattern String is:

(\d{3})[- ]?(\d{4})

and then you do a replace with

\1\2@x.x.x.x

with the x.x.x.x being the IPv4 IP of the call manager.  This is assuming there is already a working SIP trunk created between the VCS and CUCM. I can now directly dial from the TMS Phonebook that was imported from the CUCM to any VoIP, which is convenient