cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS vs CUCM registration for EX60/90

Joshua Hoag
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of registering EX60/EX90 end points to CUCM 8.6+ as opposed to registering them to a VCS. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

well i believe the main thing it depends on your infrastructure, hardware you have, and the design needs

each apreoach has its advantages

for example technically

if you are using TMS for meeting booking both VCS and CUCM registration will work

however the phonebook currently work differently if you register it to VCS then TMS will push the phone book while registering it to CUCM it will use the directory from CUCM

SIP dialing and dial plan design will be differnt based on where you register the end point but only design and call routing differences

if you are using CTS end points registered to CUCM with the new versions you can have direct calls with out the need to interop using VCS or CUCM registration

Hope this help

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

also i recomend you to ask the question to the current Cisco Ask The Expert session which is related to your question

use the bellow link to raise your question there

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3530174#3530174

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: