cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vg248 asnyc pinout

mccotter
Level 1
Level 1

what's the signal pinout for the async port on the VG248? Connecting it to an Octel 350 for SMDI... Need to know what pins do what (DSR, DTR, etc...) on the async port. Wiring directly from the RJ45 to the DB25 on the Octel without adapters.

5 Replies 5

milay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to the foillowing link it will tell you how to connect ans what cables to use, "Connecting the Voice Mail Links to the VG248":

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4080/c2001/ccmigration_09186a0080117e9f.pdf

Mike

Thank you for the above link. I've actually read that one already and is why I'm posed the question. I would rather know the exact details of what signals run on what leads coming out of the VG248 async port rather than 'hope' that the cable and adapters they specify will line up. It’s just that we've been through this before and we always seem to have to modify things. I want/need zero downtime on this when we swing it and don't want to have to figure it out the night of moving... Thanks for the help though.

Hello,

We're having the same problem and was wondering if you were successful in get the smdi link to work. Any tips are appreciated.

wanghlee442
Level 1
Level 1

I have looked everywhere in Cisco.com and can't find ANY documentation on the pinout

of the Async ports on the VG248.  Can any experts in Cisco just post the pinouts for the 8 pins

?