Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway Settings

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Group,

I am located in Canada, and trying to get a 2651XM-V gateway to work. The GW has registered with CCM, and have Multiple Frame Established for L2. All my B-Channels are down, but D channel is up.

The Telco has an AT&T Switch. I have isdn switch-type primari-ni, ESF, and b8zs as linecode.

Also in CCM Admin, what PRI Protocol Type do I choose?

I have attached the config for my GW

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Unless there is a call, your B channels will be any way down. To test configuring outbound calls, you can configure a temporary dial-peer with a tag say 10, put the destination pattern as T, associate the D channel port to this dial-peer and use the following commands at the privilege mode. (you might have to shut down other dial-peers while doing this, because you have MGCP configured on the router.

ROuter#csim start

YOu can additionally configure a "debug isdn q931" to look at the calls going in/out.

Under CCMAdmin, you can select NI2 as the protocol, if that does not match up, you could select the ATT 4ess or 5ess, after verifying the exact switch setting with the provider.

Hope that helps!

Also note that your dial-peer for MGCP need to have "MGCPAPP" in full. Also dial-peers 20, 30 does not need to be configured at the router with destination patterns, because the callmanager takes care of call routing decisions. YOu could have different access codes for Outbound calls and Outbound service calls by configuring two different route patterns in the callmanager.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks.

I have just learnt from the Telco, that they do not provide clock source for the T1 PRI Line. How does this affect calls on the line?

I also did a debug isdn q931, and tried calling the test DID provided by Telco, but do not see the calling or called number from the debug. I get no output from the debug.

Usually Telco provides the clock source, in your case you will need to configure the T1 controller for using internal clock source "clock source primary internal" or "clock source internal". Also in the CM settings the Clock source under MGCP endpoint configuration should be Internal. Have you telnet into the router to run the debugs ? If yes, have you enabled "terminal monitor" command ? Without this command no log or debug message will appear on the telnet session screen. Otherwise console into the router and do the debug. (You already have indicated a L2 status of Multiple frame established)

Hope that helps!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus