cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP Call Manager across WAN.

scaliaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have two location which have 180 IP phones each.

I like to put a call manager at each location, will this pose a problem due to synchronization accros the WAN by the way the WAN link is 10MeG.

How often does the call manager Sync and can that be controlled.

5 Replies 5

gary.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

Im not sure if Cisco have put up any guidelines on a WAN connection yet, but yes it can be done, with Cisco's approval we were the first site to do it, but you need to have QoS implemented on the WAN link.

Your probably best logging a TAC case to find out if there is any advice on QoS for your set-up.

I think your cisco account team should have all the information that you will need to do the clustering over the wan. You may want to talk to the to get the information.

Thank you,

-Mckee

What is the bandwidth between the sites? What QoS did they have you apply to approve it?

My understanding of the problem is not that database replication consumes a large amount of bandwidth, but that there are some timers that are sensitive to delays in updates... what was your problem?

The QoS you apply all depends on your set-up, in our case we had 2 * 8mb HSSI links in Cat6k's

The bandwidth between the two sites was 2mb for voice which was plenty, we had 800 users on one side of the WAN and 2,500 on the other side.

We did'nt have any problems with the set-up.

lkauderer
Level 1
Level 1

Will the two locations be in one CM cluster or will they be seperate? (ie- Site A has Publisher, Site B has Subscriber)