cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip configuration

amanda.le
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to see if this environment works before I make my recommendation.

I have a cisco router 2600 with 2fxo voice ports as my gateway. I have one cisco 12+ ip phone and one Cisco CallManager 2.4 server. All 3 devices (the router, the ip phone, and my callmanager server) are

connected to a dumb hub via ethernet connections. My

goal is to be able to make/receive calls to/from other phones on the telephone switch.

On CallManager server, I have the IP phone configured and it attached to an user name.

The cisco 2600 router's fxo voice port 1/0/0 is connected to analog line which is connected to our telephone switch.

Currently, I have dial tone on my ip phone, but receive a busy signal when I start dialing a number.

Also, it seems that the fxo voice port does not react

to any activity on the ip phone.

Something is missing in my configuration. Please assist with a sample configuration on the router and items to configure on callmanager. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to have an H.323 device configured on the callmanager (protocol = h225). For the name,use the IP address of the router. Then configure a route pattern and point it to the H.323 device.

On the router, you need to have 2 dial-peers. For example:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern

codec g711ulaw

session target ipv4:

!

That's the basic configuration. If you go to the system guide and look up H.323 devices, it should give you some help, too.