cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Attendant

astrohmeier
Level 1
Level 1

a customer wants to use Cisco Weg Attendant. Everything runs proberly.

The only problem we have is that the user only have User permission at the client. When we start the web attendant at the client the web attendant dosen`t accept the settings we make. The customer do not accept to give the user more permissions than user at the client.

Is there a solution for this problem?

thanks Achim

4 Replies 4

pmusugu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Achim,

The Web Attendant user who is logging into the Client PC is having a problem. Can you explain me in detail the problem. Is it related to login or directory.

I know that in Web Attendant we use to share some files to get directory listing, but we do not need those permissions with Attendant Console. Attedant Console is the replacement for Web Attedant and has more features.

Installing that is very easy and so as troubleshooting.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2351/products_tech_note09186a00800b662c.shtml

Thanks

Hello,

I install the Web Attendant. If I am logged in at the PC not the Web Attendant, everything runs proberly. If I log in at the PC with User rights, the Web Attendant shows me the settings window with nothing in it. Normally the IP port fields are filled in. But there is 0 in this field. If I fill the fields the Web Attendant do not accept the entrys and tell me: not connented.

If I close the settings window I miss the buttons and other entries.

Where do the Web Attendant save its config?

thanks Achim

These settings are saved to the registry, so the user must have rights to update the registry.

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Look at the document here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/wa_winnt.html

This discusses Configuring Cisco WebAttendant Client Application Settings for Non- Administrator Accounts on MS Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 Systems.

This will allow you to write to the registry for Webattendant, but still only have user rights on the local PC.

Regards

David