Views
Helpful
Replies

Webdialer

y.chew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was told that Webdialer is capable to helping IP Tel users make and end calls by clicking on a hyperlink.

I would like to know if the hyperlink is restricted to Call Manager directory search page or the hyperlink can be any hyperlink on the webpage?

My objective is to enable online web user to click on a link on the webpage and subsequently a call will be made to a specific number via either the softphone or IP phone attached to that desktop.

Can Webdialer help in achieving the above? If yes, what is the demarcation between IP Tel Solution Provider and the Web Programmer? In other words, what should the IP Tel Solution Provider and the Web Programmer do?

Hope you can provide some information to me as I'm not familiar with Webdialer.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 Reply 1

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

I have not read the documentation that closley but I would say yes that is possible. the documentation tells have it works and how to embed the code into a web page so it does just that. I would getting working with the pages and directory that is supplied and then give the docs to a web programer and they should make sense to him. I am waiting to install this myself after i go to 3.3(3) should be neat.

hope this helps

scott