cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex recording no sound

261820175F
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded a webex recording, it downloaded fine but there is not sound, I have checked my laptop playback device, recording devices and sound, it all works fine. I previously downloaded another webex recording and it worked fine so I have no idea why it is not working this time.

I even tried playback on the webex recording but it is taking a very time buffering

6 Replies 6

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What kind of meeting was this? Are you using WebEx with Cisco Meeting Place product or alone?

Can you make sure while you recorded this meeting there were some participants and you had audio in this meeting?

Try playing directly from WebEx or try different laptop/desktop and see if same issue?

HTH

Arun

The recording was from a live webinar using Webex stand alone, I wasn't able to attend so I wanted to download the recording to listen to it.

I was using the Network Recording Player to playback or download.

I think the recording was using the Webex standalone product.

Tried playing the recording directly from Webex but it was buffering for a very long time

I have ipad3 and want to try to see if the recording works but I think there is no Network Recording Player for the ipad

Thanks for details.

Request you to get in touch with WebEx support team and they will be able to help you here and tell what went wrong or what is the current issue:

https://support.webex.com/MyAccountWeb/supporthome.do

HTH

Arun

Hi WebEx Team,

I have downloaded the WebEx recorder application in my laptop to record the session which I used to take/attend the session from the Client.

when I start recording through Webex recorder, I could view the screen and hear my voice only but I cannot hear the client voice who is listening from opposite.

Could you please let me know how to record both side of voice in WebEx recorder offline?

I have made many .wrf recordings over the past couple months and been able to play them back with audio many times. I was busy listening to a recording through my headphones when I decided to unplug them, thinking the audio would move directly to my computer speakers. Instead the audio just cut out. I have been unable to get audio back on this or any .wrf file since. I have checked the sound setting and everything is working fine. I am able to here other recording made through other interfaces. However all my webex recordings do not have audio anymore (even ones which I have listened to previously). When I'm in a webex meeting everyone is able to hear me without issue. Can you please assist?

jyapteng
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed it just happens when recording to PC not to Server.  The kept playing with this over and over to troubleshoot I did find out Computer Audio did record and playback but I have didn't have a good mic and I couldn't hear the lines dialed in during the playback. 

This is the only way I was able to get it to work. go to "Manage Audio" in Settings and under Recording tab I enabled "Stereo Mix".  After this I was able to connect in webex using computer audio with the host account.  I then Dialed in with phone only account and Was now able to record the audio from the dial in lines. Enabling the "Stereo Mix" as well as having Computer Audio instead of Dial in on host allowed both PC & dial in audio to be recorded.