cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx user license

Mikhail Kalita
Level 1
Level 1

Good day! I need to understand user license for WebEx Meeting Server. I understand that only presenter requires user license, therefore WebEx doesn't requires license for attendees during a weebinar. I'm also wondering about users who requires host meeting. Do they have their own password for arranging webinars.  My task is to arrange a conference for a year with one permanent presenter and 40 attendees. What type of license do I need for sort out my task?

19 Replies 19

No BE6k doesn't supports CWMS on-premises server. The CWMS server can be only installed on dedicated UCS server, as it doesn't supports co-reisdency with other UC apps at this stage.

The webex licenses included in CUWL pro are for Cisco Cloud Webex or the on-premises server. You can either connect to Cisco Webex cloud by PSTN or via SIP trunk for audio. But that is a different product.

Or you can install CWMS on separate hardware.

Answered here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12436051/cuwl-pro-licensing-webex#comment-10302256

-Terry

I mean that I installed CWMS om dedicated UCS server and after I obtained BE6000 and BE6K-START-PRO25. CWMS and BE6000 are different UCS servers in my case. How about this situation? Will I be able to get 25 a host meeting license which are included inside   BE6K-START-PRO25.

Yes it's a valid scenario. Your CUWL Pro will give you entitlement for 25 Permanent CWMS host licenses.

-Terry

Terry Cheema, I need to configure CCW. I ordered UCSC-C220-M3S, VMW-VS-ST-1S= and VMW-VC-STD-1S=. I also ordered R-CBE6K-K9 and BE6K-STBDL-PLS-XU=. How can I connect two products between each other so that to avoid to order R-WBXMTSVR2-K9? R-WBXMTSVR2-K9 requires at least 50 WBX Meetings Server 2.x - Initial Licenses.

Answered here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12436451/be6k-start-pro25-and-webex-meeting-server#comment-10309116

You order BE6k in 3 steps:

1) Order hardware, enter the top level SKU according to your needs.

for example you have: BE6K-STBDL-PLS-XU=

2) Then you order, software, enetr the top level SKU: R-CBE6K-K9

Select software version: 10.X (latest)

Select starter budle: BE6K-START-PRO25

Select FIRST-PRO (under add users for first time of CUWL pro)

Select other required options etc. and when you are finished click done.

Once done, if you expand the top level SKU R-CBE6K-K9 by clicking on + sign, you will see below automatically added at no cost, installation media for CWMS and CWMS user licenses for 25 users:

WBXMTSVR2-UWLUSRK9

WebEx Meetings Server 2.x Users

R-WBXMTSVR-UWL-K9

Webex Meetings Server 2.x Software Kit

3) Chose your subscriptions etc.

4) Add UCS hardware for CWMS (including VMware licenses)

This is pretty much it.

-Terry