cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What makes a CTI application?

tevans2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of trying to implement silent audio monitoring for a call center that I work with.  We currently have Cisco Unified Call Manager 11.5 and we want to leverage that to also allow for silent monitoring of agents by their supervisors. In my reading on this page I found that "silent monitoring can only be invoked by a CTI application through the JTAPI or TAPI interfaces."

So my question is, what makes an application a CTI application? How can I turn our supervisor application into a CTI application?  Do I need to register it in a special way with the call manager?  Or is it a special way I open the TAPI line?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All TAPI/JTAPI applications are CTI applications, and all CTI applications use TAPI/JTAPI - if that helps.

You might consider opening a ticket with DevNet Developer Support for help with silent monitoring issues, as there are quite a few moving parts, uses the TAPI extension mechanism, etc.  The DS engineers can advise and escalate to TAPI engineering as needed, if they need to review logs, etc.: https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All TAPI/JTAPI applications are CTI applications, and all CTI applications use TAPI/JTAPI - if that helps.

You might consider opening a ticket with DevNet Developer Support for help with silent monitoring issues, as there are quite a few moving parts, uses the TAPI extension mechanism, etc.  The DS engineers can advise and escalate to TAPI engineering as needed, if they need to review logs, etc.: https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please checkout attached write-up on MARS Silent Monitoring application for Cisco CUCM

For more details you can write to info@parsec-tech.com