cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What phones get connectivity when using SRST 3.0

cboland
Level 1
Level 1

In the new version of SRST can you control which phones get SRST connectivity? Can this be controlled using the device pool option?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

CallManager 3.3 provides the ability to configure SRST references. Each SRST reference you configure you simply specify the IP address of the SRST fallback gateway.

Each SRST reference can then be assigned to different device pools, therefore you can exclude certain devices by assigning them to a device pool which does not have a SRST reference configured.

I have successfully configured two SRST gateways utilisting the SRST reference feature within CCM. This provides resilency by dividing the IP phones endpoints across two separate SRST gateways.

For your information, the SRST gateways are running 12.2(15)T5 which is using SRST version 2.1.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

CallManager 3.3 provides the ability to configure SRST references. Each SRST reference you configure you simply specify the IP address of the SRST fallback gateway.

Each SRST reference can then be assigned to different device pools, therefore you can exclude certain devices by assigning them to a device pool which does not have a SRST reference configured.

I have successfully configured two SRST gateways utilisting the SRST reference feature within CCM. This provides resilency by dividing the IP phones endpoints across two separate SRST gateways.

For your information, the SRST gateways are running 12.2(15)T5 which is using SRST version 2.1.

Thanks for the information. This is exactly was I was looking for.

-Colin