cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where do I configure extension subscribers dial in to get VM from outside

lundjc
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up Unity 3.15 and is integrated with CM 3.2. Users are able to get to Voicemail from their IP phones, but where do I configure a number for subscribers to call-in from outside to get voicemail?

John

10 Replies 10

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Every Unity port has a DN just like an IP phone does. If the DNs that you assigned to the Unity ports are DIDs then you’re already set. If not, you can change the DNs or have folks can call their own phone to get forwarded to voicemail.

From there, users can hit * to be prompted for their extension and password.

Keith

All I was missing was the "Hit *"

Thanks!

John

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the system just need an outside line directed to Unity? If so, this would be configured on the GW and/or CallManager. What callers could expect, is that when calling this number, they'd hit the main greeting of Unity. If they hit the * key, they'll be prompted to enter the Voice Mail ID.

You could also get fancy with Voice Mail alternate extensions for subscribers (so that if the call in from their cell phone, Unity prompts them the same way as if they had called in from their IP phone). But getting that call to Unity would be GW and/or CCM configuration.

I am also trying to get this to work. My unity DN is 7000 (through 7007). I have setup an inbound translation for 7000 so if I call one of our DID's it rings directly to the unity opening greeting. however , when I press * nothing happens. i am not prompted for a mailbox number/password. i just get a message of "you can dial a n extension at any time........" which i suppose is the standard unity greeting.

I managed to get a bit further, now i get the opening greeting and a message "Enter your ID followed by #" I tried enterening my username, mailbox number, password and none have worked. nothing i see in the unity subscriber config lists anything as an ID. is this something in the callmanager user database?

No, it's nothing to do with the call manager database here - you log in with your extension number (it's on the profile page) - this is most typically the same as the extension number you're assigned on the switch.

I have tried that and all i get is the message "Please enter your ID followed by #"

i have unity setup as follows - callmanager routes calles to 9444899 to DN 7000 which will forward to 7001-7007 if busy or no answer. on unity, i have call handler for opening greeting setup as follows

name - opening greeting

created - 11/1/2002

owner - vmadmin

owner type - subscriber

active schedule - all hours/all days

extension - blank

lanugage - inherited

call transfer

all default options

greetings

all defaults except after greeting i have send caller to - sign-in

call input

allow callers to dial is checked

keys 1-9 are ignored, key 0 and # is ignored

key * is set to send caller to sign-in

messages - all set to default

after i enter my dn number and # once, i just get the message "Please enter ID followed by #" after i enter it again, i get "Sorry, i did not hear your entry, Please enter your ID followed by #"

you are probably getting "please enter your PASSWORD" on the 2nd prompt... the password is set on the phone password page for subscribers and defaults to 12345 if you haven't changed it.

No, I get "please enter your ID followed by #". i enter it and wait and then get the same recording again. I tried entereing my password at this point as well as reentering the extension DN. no matter what i enter i get "sorry i did not hear your entry, please enter your id followed by #"

I managed to find the problem. it wasnt unity or callmanager. i had to enable

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

on each voip dial-peer on my gateway.