cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why does hook transfer acts as flash transfer on analog phones?

victor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using 2600 Route as MGCP gateway for four analog phones connected to Call Manager.

I have configured Cisco 2600 router for each dial-peer and also have added hookflash-in to enable hook transfer for those phones.

During the testing, I have noticed a rather peculair behoavior on behalf of analog phones during the transfer.

When I place a call from 7960 to an extension number for analog phone, the phone rings and two parties can initiate a conversation.

Then, I tried transferring the call from analog phone to another 7960 phone on the same call manager I press hook for a split second, after which I get a dial tone. I dial an extension number of another phone AND... BEFORE I can do anything else, the TRANSFER COMPLETES! The problem is, I do not want transfer to complete until I press hook again. In other words, I want to talk to the third party, tell them who I am transferring and why, and only then complete the transfer.

Can someone please tell me if this is a router setting that I missed or is it something else?

Thanks,

Vic

1 Reply 1

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

I found this doc which tells you to use the feature code #2 before dialing the 3rd party. Although this is a VG248 document, it might work for your 2600 MGCP g/w as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080087f51.html#24036