Views
Helpful
Replies

Wipe a Unity mailbox?

jamescork
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have one mailbox (under unity 3.1(5)) with quite literally hundreds of unwanted voice mails.

Is there anyway I can either:

A) Wipe all messages that are over 24 hours old

B) Just wipe the lot!

I'd prefer to avoid deleting and recreating the box as it is particularly sensitive for the business and high volume.

Any ideas most welcome, thanks.

7 Replies 7

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

This should do the trick. Please read the description and watch the training video before you start chopping away :)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MSM.htm

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Thanks for that - I've watched the guide and attempted to do the first thing it says - make sure I have mailbox access and if not, use MSM to grant it to myself.

However, when I choose "Tools"->"Check Mailstore Access..." the list is completely empty (not even any to grant permissions on).

I'm logged in locally on Unity as Administrator who is a member of...

Administrators

Domain Admins

Domain Users

Enterprise Admins

Group Policy Creator Owners

Schema Admins

Surely that grants all the required permissions?

(FYI, I can still build an agent, add the target mailbox, etc, but running the job leaves the mailstore untouched and a log that contains no record of actual activity)

Any thoughts?

Actually when you are a domain admin or enterprise admin groups, you are denied Send-As/Receive-As rights to the mailboxes.

Open MSM, click on the Script you want to run

Go to the menu, select Tools, Check Mailstore access. On the new window, if the right column reads NO, click on Grant Access to all Mailstore

Thanmks for getting back to him Hin. I have been on the road all day and didn't catch his response.

This should work for you now James. Don't forget to give us both a nice rating if/when it does. :)

Thanks guys - have been on the road myself for a bit.

Will try this as soon as I return, silly mistake on my part there really...

Good ratings all round, of course!

Sorry, I'm back now and just tried this.

However, even when I select my script and then go to Tools->Check Mail Store Access... I am still presented with an empty screen - IE, no mailstores to even grant myself access to (same as my second post).

Any thoughts?

No thoughts anyone?