cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to control HPE Server fan speed manually in Windows?

TheAnalyst
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!
I have an HPE Proliant G8 server which I use it for home labbing and also my desktop. I have installed Windows server 2019 on it.

I have set the bios option to Optimal Cooling and most of the times, the server is quite without any problem and rarely do the fans rev up!
But some days (regardless of the room temperature) the fans won't slow down after Windows has come up. Is there any program that let me kind of controll the fan speed so that it doesn't drive me crazy? I have seen scripts for VMWare EXi but for Windows, I don't know anything.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You posting this question in cisco community, how cisco users or community can help on this ?

i do not see any option to reduce to speed of the FAN the model you mentioned that is not designed, that is normal as per i know, and the FAN speed increase because of environment (if home i am sure there is no cooling available unlike Datacenter.)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gotta kind of smile when other hardware vendors customers come to Cisco for technical support

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/ML30-Gen10-fan-so-loud-can-t-work-in-the-same-room/td-p/7059515

Kirk...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card