Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5548 and HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module

Hi,

In our enviroment we have two Nexus 5548UP and an HP Enclosure with the HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module (16 ports). I have red that these devices are passive and are able to cross the FCoE traffic. Now, the question is:

If I have to install Virtual Center (For VMware) on a blade for example... Have I to configure the ports (with FCoE) on the 5548 that will be connected to a (or more) port of the PassTrough? The Ethernet traffic and the San traffic will cross trough the HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module and then through the 5548UP ?

Thanks!    

1 Reply 1

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Leonardo

If the module is a passthrough and not configured for virtual connect, the connection from the Nexus 5548 is directly into the CNA mezz card in the server chassis via the passthrough module.

So you would be configuring the interfaces on the Nexus 5548 like a regualr trunk(or port-channel trunk) and bind your vFC to it.

Thanks

-Prashanth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: