cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Nexus 5000k stacking

amarpreet.singh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new environment to come and i am in process of purchasing equipment. One of the design part includes stacking of Nexus 5000K . Can i use Dell QSFP+ dac cables for stacking. I am given the option to see if these are compatible with Cisco n5k.

Dell Networking 40GbE (QSFP+) to 4x10GbE SFP+ Passive Copper Breakout Cable, 5 Meters, Cus t Kit
Dell Networking Cable, 40GbE, QSFP+ to 4x10GbE SFP+, Passive Copper Breakout, 7 Meter, Cus t Kit

10GBase-T Module, 4-port, Hot Swap, 4x 10GBase-T ports (RJ45 for Cat6 cables) , CustKit
SFP+ 10GbE Module, 4 port, Hot Swap, 4x SFP+ ports (optics o r direct attach cables req'd), CustKit

Dell Networking,Cable, SFP+ to SFP+ 10GbE, Twinax Direct Attach Cable, for Cisco FEX B22, 5m,CusKit
Dell Networking,Cable, SFP+ to SFP+ 10GbE, Twinax Direct Attach Cable, for Cisco FEX B22, 7m,CusKit

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First, of Nexus 5K do not support Stacking - they work in the vPC model.

In regard to QSFP cable, - there may be compatible, but when it comes to diagnosis with Cisco TAC, cisco do not support 3rd part cables - so you will be push back to dell support - so you will be going back and forth.

Instead suggest buying cisco cable to meet the support requirement, keep simple and no sleepless nights.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help