cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DC - SDwan integration

mikhailov.ivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleagues! I have a question regarding Data Center design. I have a case from my costumer in terms of using SD-wan edges routers as DCI network and L3 out to public at the same time, which makes sense on paper because allows us to save a money. Let's take an exact case: we chose the Vxlan-EVPN with HDFC and would like to use the Cisco's Wan routers connected to BGWs as DCI between 3 equal DCs and and a point of connection to the internet and propagation 0.0.0.0\0 route at the same time. Let's skip the performance part , I think 8500 appliances will be ok. But unfortunately I didn't find any design guides about this integration. I understand that there are SD wan router's role for DC as we can see from white papers and data sheets, and also we know that Vxlan-EVPN can get access with SDwan somehow. And here is the point which is unclear for me. How exactly will it work, I mean do we have to configure each L3 vni and sdwan's VPN integration separately or there is some more elegant method. Sorry if it's smoozed, I can give a pic for clarification. So for summary, my aim is using SDwan c8500 routers as a multi-role combainers for DCI , SD-wan VPNs and internet access with VXLAN-EVPN fabric. Would anyone share guides and experience please? thanks

1 Reply 1

mikhailov.ivan
Level 1
Level 1

I've found more information in term of ACI\Sd-wan integration include sd-wan as ISN "cloud", but there is almost nothing about evpn\NDFC with Sd-wan as DCI. It might mean that it isn't supported , but I would like to be sure.

Correct me if I am wrong please. For access to the internet from L3 vni like IT segment (from the DC) we just need to establish a VRF-lite connection between this VNI and relatived SDwan VPN by BGP and just by static routes, right ? By the same way we will get access to all other sdwan branches within this VPN. With DCI I see it like we establish BGP between BGW-leafs underlay and one more sdwan VPN where we have router to all others BGWs for all DCs (which were provided by ISPs via dedicated 9k MTU channals), correct? And all of these connections between BGWs and cEdges we can arrange via the same phy. channels by using sub.interfaces.  Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!