cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading Nexus BIOS

addylplam
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few 5010/5020 switches, and have upgraded some of them to 5.1(3)N1(1a) which contains the 1.5 BIOS.  However, subsequent downgrades either 5.0(3)N2(2b) or 5.0(3)N2(1) did not downgrade the BIOS to 1.3.  Is there a way to force the BIOS downgrade during 'install all' or a separate command to downgrade the BIOS?  I am pasting part of the 'install all' output for your reference.  Thanks.

Addy

Images will be upgraded according to following table:

Module       Image         Running-Version             New-Version  Upg-Required

------  ----------  ----------------------  ----------------------  ------------

1      system            5.0(3)N2(2b)             5.0(3)N2(1)           yes

1   kickstart            5.0(3)N2(2b)             5.0(3)N2(1)           yes

1        bios        v1.5.0(11/30/10)        v1.3.0(09/08/09)            no

1   power-seq                    v1.2                    v1.2            no

6 Replies 6

Colby Beam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to force a bios upgrade until the OS is upgraded as well. You would need to upgrade to 5.1(3)N1(1a) to get this update.

Colby, you may have misunderstood my question.  I would like to downgrade the BIOS  from 1.5 to 1.3 when downgrading NX-OS, but install all would not let me.

Once the bios is upgraded, I don't see a way to downgrade this. Is there a reasoing you are needing this to?

Colby, I have to certify certain versions of NX-OS, and I need to have matching version of BIOS.

There is no method to downgrade BIOS and it is not necessary

for us to downgrade BIOS when downgrading NX-OS.

Hi, 

First Q/ Is it doable to downgrade nxos bios for N3k 3172 TQ?

second Q/ Is it doable to downgrade the bios from Loader mode? i removed the images and bootflash empty and have old image for old bios, so cam i downgrade the bios from loader mode? my current bios is v5.3.1 

Device is N3k 3172 TQ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: