cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ENCS-5408 (default-gw for mgmt & wan)

sendalot7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a "NFVIS" ENCS-5408 router whose WAN port is connected via /30 address.

Now, this device doesn't seem as intuitive as regular IOS where I set default route for different networks.

How do I set different default-gw so that both mgmt and wan routes are functional?

Thanks.

## Version ##

Cisco Enterprise Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure Software (NFVIS)

NFVIS Version: 3.6.2-FC3

## Current routes ##

system settings hostname nfvis
system settings mgmt ip address 10.70.0.50 255.255.255.0
system settings wan ip address 192.168.200.128 255.255.255.252
system settings default-gw 10.70.0.1
networks network wan-net
 bridge wan-br
!
networks network lan-net
 bridge lan-br
!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kiramasw
Level 4
Level 4

Few things to point out. 

1. ENCS is a x86 server and not a router.

2. NFVIS is the hypervisor that runs on this server which is not based on IOS-XE

3. You will need to deploy the router - ISRv as a VNF on it.

4. Because you are running a hypervisor on a server, you cannot assign an IP address directly to an interface. You can assign an IP address to a network on a bridge. 

Please have a look at the getting started guide to see how to can access NFVIS, set the IP address to it and how to deploy virtual machines/VNFs.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/nfvis/config/3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide-3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide_chapter_01100.html#id_20137

thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kiramasw
Level 4
Level 4

Few things to point out. 

1. ENCS is a x86 server and not a router.

2. NFVIS is the hypervisor that runs on this server which is not based on IOS-XE

3. You will need to deploy the router - ISRv as a VNF on it.

4. Because you are running a hypervisor on a server, you cannot assign an IP address directly to an interface. You can assign an IP address to a network on a bridge. 

Please have a look at the getting started guide to see how to can access NFVIS, set the IP address to it and how to deploy virtual machines/VNFs.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/nfvis/config/3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide-3-6-1/nfvis-config-guide_chapter_01100.html#id_20137

thanks

thank you for your time writing this.

Not a problem. If you need any help, let me know and we can connect offline to help you with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: